Happy Cinco de Mayo. Do you want to have a celebratory Cinco de Mayo dinner at your apartment in Raleigh, NC? If so, you may be looking for a couple easy, fast appetizer recipes. Here are a couple suggestions:
Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch x 1/4-inch strips
- 15 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
Place a cheese strip in each pepper half; sprinkle with bread crumbs and bacon.
Grill peppers, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-6 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Fresh, Homemade Guacamole
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Tortilla chips
In a large bowl, mash avocado with lemon juice. Stir in the tomato, onion, chilies, garlic and salt if desired. Cover; chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Recipes and image – Taste of Home